February 2, 2011

January has been fun...

I started my new job at the beginning of January...it was kind of surprised that I got hired actually.  I heard about the position back in December and I called and emailed but they didn't get back to me until after the holidays were over.  Actually, I thought they'd found someone else - which would have been fine because I really believed if God wanted me to have the job, it would work out.  Anyhow, they called me at the beginning of January and said, come in so we can talk.  So I go in and talk about the job, the business, and some other things and they end up saying, we want to hire you, when can you start?  So of course, I'm totally shocked but I realize that it must be God's will if they offer me the job on the spot like that. 
So huge praise about the job - it's part time right now, with the constant possibility of extra hours since they have so much business.  The company is called SEVideo, they're a specialty video production company in Rochester, filming everything from sporting events to cheer and dance competitions to weddings.  They do events across the country - in New York, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Arizona.  Anthony and I have the opportunity to travel with them this month, as a matter of fact, to Atlanta to work the biggest cheer event in the country.  It's definitely an interesting job, and even though I do a lot of the same thing every day, I enjoy it so far so we'll see if that continues  :)

So after I worked 2 weeks at SEVideo, I went in for knee surgery.  It was on January 20 and we were there about 3 hours total.  The problem with my knee was indeed what the surgeon had assumed - my kneecap was riding outside the ridges where it was supposed to be, so they cut and filed some things away and now it's back where it should be.  Unfortunately, I was told it won't be back to "normal" for 4 months and the swelling won't go down for several more weeks.  I can sort of go up stairs, but going down I can only do one step at a time - my leg isn't strong enough to support all that weight yet.  I can't wear heels yet, even moderate ones, so I have to figure out every outfit with sneakers or flats (which don't work in the snow really well).  It's really annoying...  I'm back to work now and things are going pretty well, other than the stair issue.  I use ice on my knee a lot and just have some bandaids over the incisions for now.  I'm really hoping that it heals super quick, because it's frustrating having to limp and deal with it being stiff and more painful that it was before.

Those are the big things, Anthony and I are doing super good, loving being married :)  We just had our 8 month wedding anniversary (lame I know), but we are enjoying working together on projects for church and just spending time together - God has really been blessing us!

No comments:

Post a Comment