March 5, 2011

How Do I Love Thee...

Anthony and I just celebrated 9 months of being married.  It seems crazy that we are so close to our big 1-year anniversary - it's awesome and exciting.  In ways it seems like it's been a lot longer, but it also seems like the time has flown by.  We're planning a really fun, week long trip for our first anniversary at the end of May.  I'm pretty excited to be going to a new city, and it happens to be one that is on Anthony's top 3 cities list (in case you're wondering about the location that I'm referring to, it's kind of a secret so no one tries to follow us on our trip - we know, we're just that popular)

In other news, I've been thinking about how important it is to show your spouse that you love them.  Not that we might forget that we're loved, but it's good to be in the habit of expressing love and affection - even if you don't feel like it all the time. 
  • I like to get cards for Anthony.  I used to do this a lot before we got married, but not so much anymore.  I've been trying to start up again, just buying a sweet, gushy card and writing a little note in it for him.  I probably could just make them myself, but I find awesome cards at Target that just have really sweet poems and sentiments, so usually I just do that.  Anthony likes to put all his cards from me on the dresser :-)
  • Something Anthony will do is to write lists of things he loves about me.  Right now, there is a list of things on our "green board" (like a white board, but colored green) in the living room.  He wrote it for our 6 month anniversary and it's still up there.  He made me read it yesterday when I was having a crummy night and felt really blah.  It definitely made me perk up.
  • Anthony loves to buy me monkeys.  This obsession is getting a tad crazy, but he buys me monkeys that I ask for, sometimes ones I don't ask for.  I have all kinds of monkeys, in all sizes.  The first monkey Anthony bought for me is named Bubba - he was a Valentine's Day present before we were even dating.  That's how far back this little show of love goes!
  • I've gotten a few stuffed animals for Anthony, a little puppy that was on his keychain, a fox and a dragon because he like those a lot.  It's not something I get him on a regular basis, but I think he enjoys it when I do.
  • Last week we actually went out to see a movie together.  It was especially fun because we got to go see it at The Little Theater.  I've only seen a handful of movies there, but I like it because it's more artsy and not crazy like a "normal" movie theater.  We watch a lot of movies at home, but it's good to go out to see one every once in awhile.
  • As crazy as it sounds, I know Anthony really loves me when he goes shopping with me.  I can tend to be sort of scatter brained unless I plan out what I need to get, but he sticks with it and at least acts like it's fun..
  • When I make macaroni and cheese for Anthony, I'm telling him I love him...I love him enough to cook for him, and I love him for loving macaroni and cheese!

Now I'm sure you all think this post was lame and cheesy...but too bad if you do, I thought it was fun :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment