November 22, 2010

 

It is literally true, as the thankless say, that they have nothing to be thankful for.  He who sits by the fire, thankless for the fire, is just as if he had no fire.  Nothing is possessed save in appreciation, of which thankfulness is the indispensable ingredient.  But a thankful heart hath a continual feast.  ~W.J. Cameron


Thankgiving:
  • God
    • I'm so thankful for God and for the gift of eternal life that He's given me.  Salvation is the greatest gift I could have been given.  I'm also thankful for all the ways that God has blessed us - with a home, with loving friends, with the wonderful world that we live in (although sometimes the weather does get to me).
  • Anthony 
    • The love of my life, the man who came out of my dreams and I never knew he existed until he started talking to me about monkeys.  I'm incredibly thankful that the last 2 years have been such a whirlwind of romance and emotions; sometimes I can't believe that we're actually married and starting a new life together.
  • The Ingram and Carter families
    • My family who has always been there for me, even when I didn't want any help.  Without my parents, who knows where I would be now.  I'm so thankful for their love and Godly guidance.  My new family who is trying to get to know the intricate person that I am - I'm thankful for their acceptance and love and for raising such an incredible and Godly son.
  • Church
    • God's love, music, outreaches, messages - everything that our church is, all the people that our church is, I don't have the words to say how thankful I am that God led me there 5 years ago (I think it's been 5).  I've had so many opportunities to serve the Lord with music and missions.  We are truly blessed to have such an amazing church to attend and be a part of, I'm so glad that I listened when God moved me!
  • A home to live in 
    • This may seem a bit silly, but I am very thankful for a home to live in.  Some people say it's unconventional to be renting an apartment in my parent's home, but I know it's what God has for us right now.  I'm thankful for my parent's generosity and willingness to help us and share their home.  
  • Friends
    • I am thankful for all my friends.  Each and every one.  For the ones that have taught me patience, for the ones that have expanded my mind, for the ones that loved me without a reason, for the ones who've accepted me for me, for the ones that live differently, that believe differently, for everyone else that is a true friend of mine - I'm thankful.
  •  Words
    • I'm thankful for communication, for the ability to speak and to write.  Imagine a world where we couldn't communicate on such a deep level as we can with words.  How could you express love or hope or anger?  How you could you express your thankfulness?  Yes, I am thankful for words.
  • Making a Difference
    • I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had to help others.  Whether they be children, parents, co-workers, or students, making even a small difference in their life is a great feeling.  I hope I never stop making a difference - I hope I can make an even bigger difference in people's lives as I get older.
  • Ibuprofen
    • I'm thankful for my dose of Ibuprofen.  Really, I am.  It makes my knee feel better for a few hours and it helps a headache go away.  It sounds silly, but I am very thankful for being able to buy medicine that helps me feel a little bit better.
  •  Life
    • Being alive, breathing, growing, hurting, crying, laughing, loving, watching, waiting, pausing, running, walking, listening, participating.  For everything that life is, the ups and the downs, the hurts and the joys, I am thankful for this life that I've been given.

What are you thankful for?  Don't forget to stop and count your blessings! 
If you feel like letting other people know what you're thankful for, go post on this site: http://thankfulfor.com/.  You can see what other people are thankful for too, it can be a bit humbling.


Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ - Ephesians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment